Happy Monday, friends!
If you know me at all, you know I love books. All books. But especially children's books. I own so many children's books that I have to keep them in multiple locations. But I still buy more any chance I get!
Have you heard of The Story Box? It's a *super affordable* monthly subscription service for children's books created by a certified Speech & Language Pathologist! Each adorably packaged box comes with two new children's books that are yours to keep forever! The books are specifically chosen to be brightly colored, fun, and attention-keeping for your child. In addition, the boxes come with a monthly tip or challenge (for the board book package), a parent guide (for the picture book package) or both (if you get the family package). The price of the box is less than the cost of both books, so you really can't go wrong!
The Story Box was created by Holly, an SLP, and her husband, Clint in an attempt to pass on their passion for reading with their children to other families. I love the story and heart behind this mission!
Each month you are subscribed, you will receive a box with two children's books. You won't know ahead of time which books are coming, so it will be a great surprise for you and your children! Should you receive a book that you already own, simply send them a picture of the new and old book together, and they'll include an extra book in the next month's box (This is great for children's book hoarders like me!)
As an SLP and mommy, the best part of the box is the parent guides. There is a different parent guide for each book, and each parent guide explains why the book was chosen. It also lists language concepts and suggests supplemental activities for each book. These suggestions are broken down by age range (babies: 1-2 years, toddlers: 2-3.5 years, pre-schoolers: 3.5-5 years, and early elementary: K-2nd graders). These guides are AWESOME for quick lessons for SLPs and teachers, and even better for modeling how parents can interact with their children during reading!
So who's The Story Box good for? In short, everyone. But more specifically:
1) Parents, who are looking to spend some quality time with their kids and fill their home up with something better than junky toys
2) Teachers, who are looking for quality books to add to their classroom library, as well as quick suggestions for extension activities
3) Speech Therapists and other service providers, who are looking to add new and exciting books into their therapy sessions, as well as quick extension activities filled with language-rich content
4) Grandparents and other family members, who are looking to give a gift that will keep giving and giving and giving
5) Children, who are looking to dive into exciting books and expand their knowledge and love for reading!
Still have questions? Follow The Story Box on instagram and Facebook to see examples of past boxes, as well as gain access to occasional coupon codes....I promise you won't be disappointed!
Have you tried The Story Box yet? I'd love to hear what you think!