While many of you are just beginning your summer vacations, I'm still planning for the weeks of summer therapy at the outpatient hospital clinic where I work. Here in South GA, it's hot. Really hot. I want to be outside (in the pool) enjoying summer, and so do the kids. They've just finished school, and just about the last place they want to be is inside doing speech therapy drills. So I'm having to be creative with my therapy to keep them excited and engaged. For the month of June, we're doing everything beach-themed. (More on those activities coming to the blog soon). For many of my younger kiddos though, I use lots of toys and lots of music. Lots and lots of music. In keeping with the summer theme, I thought I'd show you several of my favorites right now to elicit all kinds of speech and language while celebrating summer! Click on the pictures below to see the Youtube song...and while you'e there, you may want to subscribe to several of these channels....they're awesome!
- Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun-Performed by Barney & Friends
- 5 Little Ducks-Performed by Little Baby Bum
- How's the Weather-by Super Simple Songs
- Ice Cream Song-by Little Baby Bum
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Once I Caught a Fish Alive-Performed by Little Baby Bum
- Great Big Ocean, by GiggleBellies
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game-Performed by Mother Goose Club
- 5 Little Speckled Frogs-Performed by
- Under the Sea (Sing-A-Long Version) by Disney
- Frozen in Summer-by Disney
Do you have any other songs you love to sing in Summer? I'd love to hear!