Friday, February 7, 2014

The Weekly Wrap-up!

Happy Friday, friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful week. We were very busy, as always! Check out what we were up to below:

Our story of the week was Bear Wants More. We used my book companion packet to practice sequencing, comprehension, vocabulary, story elements, true/false questions, and writing! We also talked about different types of food, what humans eat vs. what animals eat, and healthy vs. unhealthy foods. I was so impressed that most of my students knew which foods were healthy and which should only be eaten in moderation!

The students put an "X" on the unhealthy foods, and colored the healthy foods. In my older groups, we talked about the different foods groups and the importance of having a balanced diet. You can see my Bear Wants More Companion here.

Since we were talking about food, we used my friend Carrie's Lunch Tray Listening activity. Carrie writes for Carrie's Speech Corner. This activity so adorable, and my students loved it. Plus, I love how she has suggested one and two-step directions so my tired brain doesn't have to think of any off the top of my head! Want your own copy of this? You can find it for FREE on her blog! You can find other items she's made in her TPT store here: Carrie's TPT Store.




Next, I had several fluency kiddos this week. I'm always looking for new, quick activities for them to do. This week, we played Uno (they had to say what they put down or what change they were making each time), and we worked in these awesome movie-related sentences with pauses by Jessica of Consonantly Speaking.You can find other things Jessica has made in her TPT store here: Consonantly Speaking TPT Store.

And on the home front this week, my 5 month old took her very first selfie. Yes, she actually took it. No, she didn't know she did. But hey, how cute is this anyway?!?!?!?

What were you up to? I'd love to hear!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!



Whitney :)





1 comment: