Sunday, January 5, 2014

SLP Blogger Secret Santa Gift Exchange!

Hi Everyone!

I can't begin to tell you how awesome it has been to get to know and collaborate with SLPs all over the globe this past year! I have met some amazing people, and talking with them has made me a much better therapist than ever before! Some of us decided to get together and do a Secret Santa Gift Exchange this year.


I drew Teach Speech 365. I loved shopping for her! To see what I got her, check out her blog post here:


Also, make sure to follow her Facebook page and TPT Store. She has tons of amazing ideas and products! 

My wonderful gifts came from Rachel Jones, of Let's Talk Speech Therapy. You can read her blog post about what she sent and received by clicking below: 


Also, make sure to check out Rachel's Facebook page and TPT Store. She has so many awesome products! (I was even able to review a new product for her today!)

So...here's what she got me. She was so creative...and you won't believe how perfect the gifts were for me!

 She had three gifts wrapped individually. Each gift was labeled with numbers 1-3.

 Number 1 was titled "For You."

 Number 2 was titled "For Speech."

 Number 3 was titled "For the Season."

Number 1 was an adorable blue scarf! I LOVE scarves, and this one is super soft and comfy!

Number 2 was Apples to Apples Dice. Though she didn't know it, I've had this game on my Amazon wishlist for about 2 months, just waiting to get an order big enough to order it. My students LOVE the Apples to Apples board game, and they are going to go crazy over the dice edition when we start back to school this week. Again, perfect!

 And finally, gift # 3 was the most perfect of all. On the card, it says that Rachel loves Little People, and if I can't use it at school, to use the book at home with Halle Jane (my 4.5 month old). Of course Rachel didn't know, but our "theme" for Halle Jane's Christmas this year was Little People. She got the farm set and the Little People Nativity set. I love Little People too, and so I couldn't have been more excited to open this Little People Christmas Lift-the-Flap book! (Halle Jane loved it too!)


And finally, Rachel included an oh-so-sweet handwritten card all the way from Indiana! Isn't it so awesome when things work out perfectly? I already thought it was super cool that she drew my name since our blog names are so similar. But when I received her gifts, I was pretty sure that some Christmas magic had happened and we were perfectly matched! One day, I'm going to meet these SLP "Blogger Besties" in person that I've come to rely on so much over the past year. And what an exciting, happy day that will be!















5 comments:

  1. Whoop whoop! I totally loved your gift! The first time someone asked me where I get the scarf turned into a long, complicated answer as I tried to explain the whole thing! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I've had some long explanations too! Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Cute scarf!! Didn't even know apples to apples had a dice version! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are going to freak out (in a good way) tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Love that scarf! I have Apples to Apples dice…super fun!

    ReplyDelete