Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-up: Thanksgiving History and the Great American Teach-In!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the week in GA, and it was sooo hard to leave! I've been so busy this past week updating some older items in my TPT store and adding new items in preparation for the big Cyber Monday and Tuesday Sale. Because of that, I never got around to posting my weekly wrap-up for the week before Thanksgiving break, so here it is!

  We used my Pilgrim game as quick reinforcement!

 I had my students work on comparing and contrasting Pilgrims and Native Americans. They had so much fun and learned a lot too!

 We worked on perspective taking and writing with my History of Thanksgiving packet. The students had to imagine what it would be like to be a Pilgrim or a Native American seeing each other for the first time!

 Thursday was the Great American Teach In! In addition to tons of great speakers, the police department landed a helicopter in our PE field! The students were able to ask questions to the pilots, and see it take off again as well!

Finally, I found a little time to start decorating my classroom for Christmas. 
I still have lots to do, but I love bringing out new holiday books!


Hope you all have a wonderful week!



0 comments:

Post a Comment