Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-up: Matt & Molly, Halloween, Student Data, and more!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday. I spent the day catching up with visiting friends, watching football, and napping with my sweet little girl! Now that she's in dreamland, I'm working on my ever-growing to-do list! I wanted to give you all a little peak into our therapy room with a weekly wrap-up from this past week!

My students with Autism are using these Fall-related short stories by LinguiSystems to
work on reading and auditory comprehension!

Love the sensory vocabulary cards from Lakeshore learning to work
on expressive and receptive language!

Comparing and Contrasting Halloween & Thanksgiving!

 Writing prompt pages and Venn Diagram from my History of Halloween Packet

 Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!!! (and sweet tea!)

 Love reading Ten Timid Ghosts and making Ghost Toast for the letter "G" week in Pre-K! (We used marshmallow spread this year instead of cream cheese...(much easier for the kids to spread,) and mini chocolate chips for the face!)

 The speech room got a makeover for Halloween!

 This lifesaving Chocolate Chip Frappe is helping me through the middle of the night feedings these days...and I never drank coffee of any kind before...only Coca Cola!

Student's keeping their own data is a great way to hold them accountable and help them invest in their own progress. These student data sheets are available for free in my TPT store!


Overall, we had a wonderful week in therapy! What are you guys up to?!?!





2 comments:

  1. We're using the Matt & Molly Fall stories too! I use them with my three-year-old preschoolers. Great for sentence formulation and answering questions!! BTW, your room is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year I've used them, and I'm loving them as much as my kids. I love that they use the same characters throughout, which makes it much easier to comprehend for my kiddos with Autism. Thanks so much :)

      Delete