Friday, June 28, 2013

The History of the 4th of July!

Happy Friday!

I'm happily working from home today and preparing to teach my ESY babies all about the 4th of July next week! I'm looking forward to my family coming into town to celebrate the 4th with food, fellowship, and fireworks. But it is also very important that we remember the history of this important day and those who made and continue to make sacrifices to keep us free.

I created a 4th of July activity packet to teach the history of this holiday. This packet is the first published packet in a new "Holiday History" series I have been working on. Be sure to check back soon for other upcoming holiday packets, including Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! In the meantime, take a look at some highlights from the 4th of July packet below:



Read this packet to your students or have them read it to learn about the history of the 4th of July.

Comprehension questions from the passage.

Comprehension questions with multiple choice options

12 American symbols to be used as flash cards, a matching game, or for learning new vocabulary

Includes 5 writing prompt pages, a blank writing prompt page, and a Venn Diagram



Use this page for your speech kiddos

Includes an open-ended board game as well!
You can find this activity in my TPT Store by clicking HERE.

Comment below on how you can use this packet, and I'll choose a random winner to give the packet to for FREE! Have a great weekend!

Whitney :)

4 comments:

  1. This packet will work great for my comprehension & writing kiddos. Thanks for the giveaway!
    ssjvarga@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Thanks for the comment. Since you're the only comment so far, I'm sending the packet your way! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I am not sure if you ended the giveaway but all the same I wanted to comment too!

    This looks like a great packet. I love therapy materials where I can add other lessons in (i.e. history, non-fictional reading, memory). It is going on my wishlist!

    cpnass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly,

      Thanks so much for your comment! Check your email ;)

      Whitney :)

      Delete